Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lilly P and I :)

I discovered Lilly Pulitzer in High School, as a brand name that was too happy for me (and the time in my life) and that was for the super rich resort goers. I have never been to any resort other then Disney World! After my freshman year of college I introduced my mom to the brand, where we are from in South Carolina, the only clothes you wear are from Lebos, and anywhere else they sale "redneck" clothes. As a Southern Belle I did dress up alot, manly in black. Lilly was not popular in this area until I started going to visit my friends at other University's like Clemson and USC. The sorority girls were wearing head to toe Lilly. I only had two friends from high school that even knew what Lilly was. As the years have gone by I have picked up small Lilly purchases and ONLY wore Lilly during the Summer. I felt it was unacceptable when I saw girls wearing in the fall and winter. Spring I can see. I am now a senior in college and 22. I found pages on Facebook that changed my opinion on Lilly FOREVER. I now wear Lilly at least twice a week! (and its like 40s & 50s here!!!!!!) My pocketbook is very empty, but hey, you can't take your money with ya!!!! ;)




This is only a TINNNNYYY bit of the Lilly I have collected over the past like 2 months! The rest I haven't worn yet, or taken a picture in! :)

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging, sweetheart! What a cute blog post! I named your blog to The Southern Fried Bride's "I Do Declare" blog roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a new blogger and have recently discovered a new love for Lilly!!! Just bought tons of cute accessories for my office yesterday :) Excited to follow your blog!

    http://rollingontheriverinheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete